WHERE CAN I PURCHASE AVA OLSSEN?
Ava Olssen is exclusively available at avaolssen.com and cannot be purchased elsewhere.
DO YOU ALLOW EXCHANGES OR RETURNS?
Unfortunately, we do NOT accept returns or exchanges due to hygienic reasons. Please shop carefully. All sales are final.
WHAT IS YOUR PACKAGING LIKE?
All Ava Olssen pieces come in soft-close, heavy cardboard, similar to an iPhone. Gift wrapping is available.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER ARRIVE?
Your order is packed and shipped within 1-2 business days of your purchase. Please advise this when choosing 1-Day Shipping option.
- Average delivery time for United States orders is 2-7 business days via DHL.
- Average delivery time for Australian orders is 2-7 business days via Australia Post.
- Average delivery time for International orders is 5-10 business days via DHL.
- DHL totals include any duties, taxes and shipping charges.
After your order is shipped from our warehouse, it is out of our hands. We are not responsible for lost packages, missed deliveries or undeliverable addresses.
If you have a question concerning tracking or shipping for domestic orders, please contact the shipping company.
DHL handles all international tracking.
We ship Monday - Friday, with the exception of USA holidays on PST and Australian Holidays.
WILL I HAVE TO PAY ANY DUTIES ON TOP OF MY ORDER?
We are not responsible for any taxes or duties that may be incurred on International orders.
MY JEWELRY CAME SCRATCHED & LOOKS WORN?
We will always prevent this. Our jewelry is always brand new and thoroughly checked for defects before shipping. Please read the info on each item before purchasing, some items have a vintage treatment on them which may be mistaken for a defection.
MY ITEM IS LOST IN THE MAIL, WHAT DO I DO?
We are not responsible for items that are lost or damaged during shipping.
You are also responsible for your order if you enter the wrong shipping address. Please email us immediately if you enter information incorrectly, we will update your order if it has not been shipped yet.
MY SKIN IS TURNING GREEN AND MY JEWELRY IS RUSTING?
Everyone's skin type varies. Some people have allergic reactions to bronze, nickel & gold plating. Unfortunately, we can not control this. If you are susceptible to reactions, avoid buying non-solid gold or sterling silver jewelry.
We do not offer refunds or returns for this reason. All of our pieces are plated with the highest quality 18ct gold, 18ct rose gold, stainless steel and sterling silver. We are not responsible for the turning of your jewelry color caused by oils from the skin. We apologize.
WHAT ARE YOUR MATERIALS MADE OF?
All item bios will tell you exactly what each material is made of. If you have questions about gold plated vs. gold filled items, the easiest way to explain is:
- Gold filled material is the closest thing to solid gold. It is mixed. Gold filled items will fade and become darker over time but not turn to reveal a different metal underneath.
- Gold plated refers to a coat of gold over another metal such as stainless steel. It is eventually subject to color loss, quicker and easier than gold filled, however our plating methods are of a high quality and this will not happen quickly.
Another explanation here:
- Gold-plated Jewelry - A base metal such as steel or brass is dipped into a bath of electroplating solution, with a lump of solid gold. When an electric current is applied, a thin layer of gold is deposited on the metal. Since the plating is a layer, the plate (and hence the color) on findings can eventually wear off.
- Sterling Silver Jewelry - Sterling Silver is a mixture of pure silver and some other metal, usually copper. The resulting alloy gives the silver strength. The standard is at least 92.5% silver. Hence the .925 stamp you see on some sterling silver items.
- Gold-filled Jewelry - Also called rolled-gold. These jewelry items are not actually filled with gold. They are made of a base metal (usually brass or copper) covered by sheets of gold in a mechanical bonding process. Effectively, a thick coat of gold: the gold content is 5% or 1/20 of the total weight. Gold-filled items are your top-of-the-line pieces. It is safe for most people with sensitive skin.
Some people have allergic reactions to some plating. The most common is nickel-plating- possibly up to 10% of people react to nickel. Unfortunately nickel is used to color gold, as an alloy, and sometimes in the electroplating process. If allergy is a problem, most jewelry makers like to use surgical steel, sterling silver, vermeil, or gold-filled items. The plating on plain electroplated items is usually too thin.
For best care, do not shower with your items. If your items do turn immediately, it can be cause by a metal-to-skin oil reaction. Each persons oils make metal react differently, in this case, it's not our responsibility to rerun or exchange your item. We apologize in advance.
Please see our Care guide.
WHAT IF THE ITEM I RECEIVED IS DAMAGED OR FAULTY?
We will happily replace a damaged item or re-ship you an item if you received something incorrectly. If a charm or chain is different than described please send us an email.
HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?
Via our Customer Service page.
HOW CAN I TRACK MY ORDER?
After your order is shipped, you will receive an email with your tracking number.
If not, send us an email with your Name and Order # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY?
There are no returns or exchanges. Please see our Returns and Exchanges page.
WHAT IF I RECIEVED THE WRONG ITEM?
If you received the incorrect item, please let our customer service team know by contacting email@example.com . Please add your Name and Order # in an email and a member of our Support Team will get back to you as soon as possible.
In the rare case that you received the incorrect item, we will be happy to send you the correct one at no additional cost, along with a return label for the incorrect item.
WHAT IF I PUT IN THE WRONG ADDRESS?
If you have provided an incorrect address and your order has not already shipped, we will do our best to update your order with the correct address.
If you provide an incorrect address at the time of the order we cannot guarantee that you will be able to change it. We ship orders quickly.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
We will happily replace a damaged item or reship you an item if you received something incorrectly, but we do not provide refunds. All sales are final.
WHAT CURRENCY DO YOU CHARGE?
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal.
WHAT IF I RECIEVED A DAMAGED ITEM?
We will happily replace a damaged item or re-ship you an item if you received something incorrectly.
WHAT IF MY PURCHASE IS LOST IN THE MAIL?
Ava Olssen is not responsible for items that are lost by the mail carrier or by any shipping service. Please contact the shipping company.
WHAT IF MY PACKAGE WAS RETURNED TO SENDER?
If your package is returned to us for any reason you will be responsible for paying for the package to be sent again.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
Yes, with a few exceptions. You can proceed to the checkout and our system will let you know.
We are open M-F 10-4 in Los Angeles and Sydney.